Council of Juvenile Correctional Administrators (CJCA)– served as lead developer/author for the CJCA Staff Recruitment, Hiring, and Retention Toolkit; provided technical assistance to more than 20 jurisdictions on reducing the use of isolation in juvenile justice facilities; and conducted comprehensive onsite program assessments for several state and county government agencies.
State of New York Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS)– developed the quality assurance system to monitor state-contracted Raise the Age residential programs (i.e. written protocol, instrument to monitor program safety/effectiveness, etc.)
Oregon Department of Corrections (ODOC) – provided technical guidance and leadership in the development and implementation of the DOC performance measurement system.
State of Vermont Department for Children and Families (DCF)– conducted PREA audits for several close custody and community residential programs
State of Utah Department of Human Services, Division of Juvenile Justice Services (JJS)– partnered with the Council of Juvenile Correctional Administrators (CJCA) to conduct a detailed system review of five secure juvenile justice facilities and produced a comprehensive report detailing strengths and areas for improvement
Oregon Youth Authority (OYA)– led the executive team in developing strategic goals, prioritizing system-wide initiatives, and developing meaningful measures to improve agency outcomes; conducted comprehensive program reviews using the Correctional Program Checklist (CPC) to identify program strengths and recommend program improvements.
- American Correctional Association 2019 conference on staff recruitment and retention practices in social services;
- State of New York Office of Children and Family Services (NYS OCFS) on best practices in child welfare and juvenile justice;
- Council of Juvenile Justice Administrators (CJCA) Leadership Institute on staff recruitment and retention
- Federally certified PREA auditor (U.S. Department of Justice)
- Lean Six Sigma, Green Belt Certificate (Villanova University)